Friday, November 18, 2011

2nd Thing: Create an Avatar

No, I'm not talking about the movie.

An avatar is a graphic used to represent yourself. I LOVE creating cartoon avatars! I use my little Tiff avatar from my Go Animate videos often. 

There are lots of different programs and websites out there for designing an avatar. I'm sharing two of my favorites so that you can try one (or both) and create and save your very own avatar!

FaceYourManga is a great free avatar creator. I kept seeing these adorable avatars and was very excited when I discovered that FaceYourManga was the place that everyone was creating them. You do have to sign up to create an avatar with them, but you do have the option to sign up using your Facebook account.

My FaceYourManga avatar:


A second option that doesn't require an account is DoppleMe. Here's the avatar I created using DoppleMe:


Whichever avatar creator you choose, save the created image to your computer and post it on your blog! You can easily upload a picture into your blog post by clicking the "Insert Image" button, just like you would on an email or anything like that. You may also want to go into your Blogger account settings and add your avatar as your profile picture!

This is a fun task, so I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to see everyone's avatars on their blogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment